Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Jim Gaffigan: "5 Kids? Why Not?"


Comedian Jim Gaffigan travels the world, appears on TV frequently ...and has 5 children. Recently, I stumbled across a rather funny and rather true answer he gave to someone asking about his children: "Why so many?!"

"Well, why not? I guess the reasons against having more children always seem uninspiring and superficial. What exactly am I missing out on? Money? A few more hours of sleep? A more peaceful meal? More hair? These are nothing compared to what I get from these five monsters who rule my life. I believe each of my five children has made me a better man. So I figure I only need another thirty-four kids to be a pretty decent guy."
He's been interviewed about his new book Dad is Fat. Here's NPR's laugh-laden interview .

Image source 1, 2